Change my heart

To follow You is not a service, but a pleasure. Lord let me breathe Your fresh air. You have cloaked me with Your Grace; search me and know me. Leave no stone unturned, I expose all my darkest of thoughts unto you, and ask that You might renew my mind. Your gentleness is patient with me, and I thank you for your belief in me. I’m ready to start making some changes in my heart. Take the chisel and the hammer and start chipping away at my imperfections. I give You the story of my life. With tears flooding down my cheeks, I weep for this world, if only they could know the You I know! There is no anger in Your eyes only sorrow that this world has chosen to forget about You. He wants so much to be your Father and friend, yet you push Him away and say, “I don’t need God.”
And so you go on with your empty life trying to fill it with things and achievements, but after your filled your empty again and need to be refilled again. Nothing you get or achieve sustains you forever, but Christ can. Point is, you do need God, you just don’t want to submit. This would mean surrendering your will. I know it’s scary handing everything over, But He is loving, and He will never abuse the privilege of taking care of your soul. He has beautiful things in mind for your life beyond your measure of belief. Being filled with His Spirit is the most wonderful experience one can have. 

For those who thought they tried the Christian thing before and it did not work, it’s because you did not full submit and commit your life and let Him be in the drivers seat, giving Him permission to work in any area in your life. We are to be New creations in Christ, not dragging up the old man, saying, “Well I’m a Christian now so I can do what I please.”      

Comments

Richard T Hicks said…
Your words paint a very beautiful picture of a merciful GOD...Keep writing as your times of refreshing moves through your soul making you whole in Heart. You are walking it out my brother HOLD on to the nail scared hand of Jesus. he will never fail you!!!

Popular posts from this blog

The old tavern

A vow of Purity