When you are troubled

When you are troubled


Troubled by my circumstances, yet I find peace in knowing You. My heart is broken in many pieces, but You gather me under Your wing, like a hen protects her chicks. When I run to You I’m never alone. You place a blanket around my shivering body and warm me by the fire of Your warmth. The thickness of the blizzard has you lost, in search for home. When you’re in pain, take heart, the Lover of our soul is searching for you. He won’t stop till He finds You. You may feel like no one cares, but Jesus is wanting to embrace you, and He has been for a long time. As you lay dying in the snow, and circumstances you’ve chose have left you numb. He carries you to His cabin and lays you by a fire. God wants you unconditionally. He wants you to live! 

Comments

Anonymous said…
This trminfd mr of so many things Matthew -- the book by Tommy Tenney, about how God chases us as well as the movie with Peter Falk about being warmed by the fire by a stranger when the little boy was lost and cold and thought he was all alone in the snow.
We as believers are never alone and you are so right -- God always wants us to live!
I love this writing and know that it is about the pain you have and are currently going through. Thank you for your honesty and transparency because we all to one degree or another feel stripped bare and need the comfort of the "God who sees," just as he saw Hagar when Sarai told Abram that he had to kick her out of their lives.
Your writings bring a sweet peace to me as it makes me not only feel loved by Jesus but it reminds me of all of the many times that Jesus has made Himself known to the both of us in so very many difficult circumstances.
Thank you for sharing your heart and for this blog, "Through the Fire" so your readers can desire the embrace of Jesus.

Popular posts from this blog

Change my heart

True fulfillment

The old tavern