Will you listen


Will you listen

A man in his early 30’s,  hunched over. His eyebrows knit together in a serious playful sort. Taking a gandeur at the children across the way. As he stands from a crouching position, he greets one of his admires. His clothes are somewhat tattered; his milky white complexion offers up an empty stomach. 
At twilight he stumbles down an alley, drunk and confused. He seeks shelter in a near by shack built from boxes.  During the night shift he hears a disturbance. Now awake he’s face to face with a preacher. 
“I don’t need your sympathy, I just want to be left alone”, said the man. 
“There is someone who I want you to meet, if you still wish to leave after meeting Him you can.” 
“Alright,” said the man, and so he followed him inside the church. 
“Alright so who is this person.” 
The preacher pointed to the cross. 
“You got to be kidding me, Jesus, I came all the way in here to see a dead guy on a cross?”
The homeless man stood up to leave, “I am on my way, I can’t believe I came in here for this.” 
Just as he started to leave it began to rain, I mean the worst hailstorm you could imagine. 
“Will you listen to my story now, the preacher said. He opened the Bible to the book of Matthew. It spoke of Jesus being born in a stable, and that lonely night. 
“See He was born poor and into a poor family, so He knows poverty. He came down and became a man so people like you and I could relate to Him. 

You may walk out that door tonight thinking that you are the only one who knows what it feels like to be you. Or you can leave knowing that there is someone who has walked your shoes. No other person can know that accept you and God. So the question here lies will you walk away knowing Him and live. Or will you walk alone.”             

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Change my heart

True fulfillment

The old tavern